A benchmark WOD is generally considered a workout standard across CrossFit allowing you to compare your progress against others. Girl WODs, such as Fran or Amanda, are examples of benchmark WODs.
21-15-9 (For Time)
Deadlift @ 225#
Hand Stand Push-ups
Check out the video podcast for our insight into this workout, but overall here are the numbers and approach to scaling.
Goal Times for the Diane WOD
- Dan Bailey Record Time: 1:35
- Elite: > 2:30
- Expert: 2:30 – 4:00
- Normal Human Beings: >= 10:00
- This couplet was designed to be a sprint. When scaling, keep in mind you want efficient, not sloppy, movement to fall under a 10:00 minute time cap. Record your results and repeat the workout in the near future to measure improvement.
- If able, keep a steady unbroken pace through entire workout. If needed, break up the first round to preserve energy for the next two.
- Reduce weight to something you can do 15 times unbroken and efficiently.
- Handstand push-ups with a plate and mat
- Deck-to-Handstand (though you’ll probably die…lolz)
- Piked Push-Ups on a Box
- Hand Release Push-Ups
- Apply a 10:00 minute time cap
- Cut reps to 15-12-9
Gym Swag: http://shopworkhorse.mdiapparel.com/